Started in 2009, Bitcoin was the first ever crypto, or technologically encrypted currency, started by a person, or a group of people, going by the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto. As with every currency, even cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin require a wallet, to store, send and receive the currency.
Considering that Bitcoins are intangible and can only be seen virtually, Bitcoins require a wallet that can be accessed digitally. Here, I will tell you how to get your first Bitcoin wallet.
Blockchain wallet is regarded as the first, safest and easiest to use bitcoin wallet. It works like a regular e-wallet, in the likes of Paytm, Mobikwik et al.
- Go to website blockchain.info
- Go to the wallet section and sign up using your email ID and a preferred username.
- You will receive a verification link on your email ID, upon clicking which, you would have created your bitcoin wallet.
- Now, you have the option of using the secure wallet on your desktop itself, or on your smartphone by downloading the blockchain.info app, and following the instructions to sync the wallet on your phone.
- The easy-to-use interface contains send and receive options, wherein the user can easily transfer or deposit the cryptocurrency over the bitcoin blockchain.
Each bitcoin wallet has a 36 letter receiving address, supplemented by a QR code. Either of the two, when given to a sender, can be used for sending the currency to the given bitcoin wallet address. Likewise, if you have someone else’s bitcoin address, you can transfer the currency to them.
Blockchain.info, unlike many other bitcoin wallets offers the option of sending your transaction with a flexible and user fixable transaction fee for the blockchain network. A higher fees implies a faster transaction, and vice versa.
Buying bitcoins requires that an account be created on a bitcoin exchange, which is integrated as a partner link on your blockchain.info wallet itself. After purchasing the bitcoins, they can be remitted to your wallet or another persons wallet.
The beauty of bitcoin lies in the fact that it transcends all barriers of nationalities, banking systems, governments and so forth. The decentralized system challenges the banking systems and makes it possible to omit the middle man as far as the transfer of funds is concerned. In the near future, bitcoin is set to gain new heights and be more popular than ever before.
Join the community and witness the revolution,firsthand!