“To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.”- Robert Morley
In this race to fulfill our responsibilities, we have probably forgotten to love our self. We run after people so that they like us but with that people usually don’t understand there is the only person who needs to be pleased or satisfied and that person is himself. Often self-love is taken as a feminine topic coz men are supposed to be strong and tough but self-love is about men and women both.
We don’t have time to appreciate our efforts, our achievements. The only thing we do is to feel unsatisfied and sorry about ourselves. Lack of self-love leads to sadness, regrets, despair and sometimes depression.
Self-love can help one to feel happy, cheerful, friendly, focused, relieved and most importantly help you to achieve more and make yourself better. Here are some tips to pay more attention towards yourself.
“Being Happy is a ‘do it yourself’ project”.
SELF LOVE TIP#1
- YOU ARE ENOUGH– sometimes in a tough situation, you may have felt that I could have solved it if I would have been capable. This feeling leads to dissatisfaction. Never underestimate yourself. Always remember you are enough and there is nothing you can’t do.
“Let go of who you think you are supposed to be and be who you are”
SELF LOVE TIP#2
- FORGIVE YOURSELF– we carry the regrets of our past on our shoulder and feel guilty about it for a lifelong period. The Past is past and the past is meant to be forgotten. Forgive yourself for whatever mistakes you have committed and forget about it.
SELF LOVE TIP#3
- MAKE a HOBBY– hobbies has always been a stress remover. Sitting in front of the desktop from 9-5 obviously isn’t someone’s passion. Indulge yourself in your passion. Take out some time for it. Read books, play sports, cook, do art.
SELF LOVE TIP#4
- BE KIND– an angry mind not only creates exasperate oneself but also create a negative ambience for others. Be generous and compassionate. Learn to help. Be polite. Create a positive aroma.
SELF LOVE TIP#5
- TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY– your body is your temple. It represents your inner soul. Your behaviour, mood, concentration level, everything depends on your health. Eat healthily. Do exercise.